Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Ultimate Job Interview Crib Sheet

When you're gunning for a job, the answers you give during the interview affect your chances of snagging the position. As such, here's a quick guide to answering five crucial job interview questions.

1. "Tell me something about yourself." This is, perhaps, the most common job interview question. You should answer this with the right blend of personal and professional information. You can open with, "I've been living in Los Angeles since I was three. I've always wanted to be a writer so I took up Journalism in college." You can go on to mention your best traits, highlighting those that are required for the job you want.

ESSENTIALS LATEST VERSION

2. "What's your weakness?" The best way to answer this question is by putting a positive spin on your answer. You can say, "I like knowing what's going on all the time. I can't relax until I'm sure everything is fine." Find a way to highlight the good point of your faults.

3. "What's the biggest challenge you ever faced, and how did you deal with it?" Talk about a problem that could also happen to the person who would be hired for the position you want. Mention the details and skills you used to find a solution. Most of all, you should detail the successful results. But don't be too fond of yourself - always acknowledge the people who helped you even as you highlight your role. In closing, enumerate the things you learned from your experience. Say something like, "That encounter with a problematic client led me to develop my own damage control strategy. I don't know if it'll work for everyone but it has worked for me."

4. "Why are you applying for this job?" The right way to answer this question is to start with the explanation that you always had an inherent desire to work with that company. You'll also score plus points if you add something about the company to your answer.

5. "Tell me why should we hire you?" Declaring that you are the most qualified person is a no-no since there are other applicants. So, you should emphasize the skills that make you the right person for the job. You can say, "Hire me because I'm hardworking, loyal and I enjoy being part of a team."

Bottom line: Deliver your best answers in the way you think your interviewers expect from a superb employee. There's no need to lie. You just have to present the best version of yourself.

The Ultimate Job Interview Crib Sheet

Paula Owen has been passionate about writing articles for the last 5 years. Check out her latest website Bare Essentials Makeup [http://www.bareessentialsmakeupshop.com/] which reviews and lists the latest Bare Essentials makeup [http://www.bareessentialsmakeupshop.com/bare-essentials-makeup-2/] so you can decide which bare essentials makeup best suits your beauty needs.

ESSENTIALS LATEST VERSION

No comments:

Post a Comment