Monday, December 26, 2011

Retired Teachers and social protection

Do you know what your social Security Benefits are when you retire? Do you know how your State Pension Fund works? If you have answered yes or no, read on.

It is mandatory for all teachers to receive a State Pension. You pay into it once a month and the school district - you are affiliated with matches your payment.

SECURITY

When seclusion age comes into supervene a method is put into use to conclude the estimate of your pension - which will then come to be your monthly seclusion payment. This cost is made automatically to you straight through the state of California.

The qoute with social Security for teachers is teachers do not pay into social Security unless there is a second job involved. At this point, the social security money would be reduced.

Any man with a State Pension can not receive social Security from a deceased spouse - or in the case of a separation - cannot receive the 50% you are regularly entitled. If the pension is less than the social Security - you will receive the incompatibility between the social Security estimate and the State Pension.

For example: My spouse was receiving ,000.00 dollars a month from social Security. regularly I would be receiving ,000.00 dollars per month but I am receiving more money on my State Pension advantage and my social Security monthly advantage is - a big fat zero. If I was receiving less money, I would be paid the incompatibility between my State Pension and social Security.

There is Legislation now in Washington fighting to convert this law. My husband worked all his life and paid into the social Security System. I should be entitled like other spouses - who do not have a State Pension - to receive all of social Security benefits which are entitled to me.

I cannot receive any of the social Security benefits which were deducted automatically from my pay checks while working other jobs before - during - after my career in teaching went into effect. All the money which was deducted from my pay checks is gone - lost forever.

Thank you for reading my article. Please feel free to read any of my numerous other articles on varied subjects.

Copyright Linda E. Meckler 2007

Retired Teachers and social protection

SECURITY

No comments:

Post a Comment